Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hanging in the Creek

Today, I was down at the creek weed eating the tall weeds that had grown up around the dock and bank. I then did some more trimming around our wood piles. When I cam back to the creek, I saw a water snake swimming. It swam over to some rocks, then went between them on the bank with its head sticking out just above the water. I had my cell phone, called Jenny, and had her send Rhett down to the creek (Avery was asleep). We watched the snake for a minute, then it took off...thinking it was scared of us. About a minute later, it reappeared and swam tot he bank just in front of the dock where Rhett and I were standing. I had Rhett run to the house and get the camera as the snake ate the fish right in front of us. Pretty amazing stuff. Later, Rhett and I went fishing and caught nothing. But we found and captured 2 tadpoles, a muscle/clam, and a shell with a snail living in it within the creek (never seen this in my life). We also caught a different snake, but it got away from our bucket.














No comments: