Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baseball Trip

On July 8th and 9th, my dad, Rhett, Avery, and I took a 2-day trip to Jackson, TN to watch one of my former players, Brandon Beachy, play in AA for the Mississippi Braves. We drove 7 hours down, so when we got to the ballpark, the boys wanted to play on the inflatable slides. As the 1st pitch was in the air, Avery said, "Dad, I want to go home!" Classic Avery! Brandon luckily threw in relief and we got to watch him perform. He threw 2 innings and lit up the radar gun at 95 mph on 3 different pitches. After the game, dad and I put the boys to bed and I met up with Brandon at his hotel and hung out withhim for a couple hours. The next morning, we got up and went swimming (it was in the low 80s at 9 am), then drove to Mammouth Cave, KY to take a break. The boys had fun at the cave and on the trails, but they had the most fun in the car as I bought the Star Wars trilogy for them to watch. I may not be the father of any baseball players, but I am the father of a clan of Star Wars nerds! The 2 day trip was tiring and there was a lot of driving, but we all had fun.









































































No comments: